Physics Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) And Answers For Class 10th 12th, Objective questions and answers which are useful for every board exam and competitive exams also. Physics is the subject which is more relevant to the maths and cxc, kinematics with answers, on light, electrostatics, Optics, Magnetics effects of current and magnetism, electromagnetic induction and alternating current, Electromagnetic waves, dual nature of matter and radiation, atoms and nuclei, electronic devices, communication systems.
Physics Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) And Answers For Class 10th 12th
Q1. Minimum number of unequal vectors which can give zero resultant are
- More than four
- Answer is: Three
Q2. Intensity of sound has?
- No existence
- A subject existence ect existence
- An object existence
- Both subjective and objective existence
- Answer is: An object existence
Q3. Natural radioactivity was discovered by?
- Henri Becquerel
- Ernest Rutherford
- Enrico Fermi
- Marie Curie
- Answer is: Henri Becquerel
Q4. Large astronomical telescopes always use as objective?
- combinations of lenses
- None of the above
- Answer is: combinations of lenses
Q5. Solar eclipse will take place when?
- The earth is between the moon and the sun
- The sun is between the moon and the earth
- The moon does not lie on the line joining the sun and the earth
- The moon is between the sun and the earth
- Answer is: The moon is between the sun and the earth
Q6. Sir C.V. Raman was awarded Nobel Prize for his work connected with which of the following phenomenon of radiation?
- Answer is: Scattering
Q7. Rainbow is due to?
- Refraction and reflection of sunlight by water droplets
- Absorption of sunlight in minute water droplets
- Diffusion of sunlight through water droplets
- Ionisation of water deposits
- Answer is: refraction and reflection of sunlight by water droplets
Q8. Stars which appear single to the naked eye but are double when seen through a telescope are?
- Novas and supernovas
- Answer is: Binaries
Q9. Radio telescopes are better than optical telescopes because?
- They can detect faint galaxies which no optical telescope can
- They can work even in cloudy conditions
- They can work even in cloudy conditions
- All of the above
- Answer is: All of the above
Q10. Mercury is commonly used as a thermometric fluid rather than water because?
- Specific heat of mercury is more than water
- Specific heat of mercury is less than water
- Density of mercury is more than the water
- Mercury has greater visibility than water
- Answer is: Mercury has greater visibility than water
Q11. Light from the star, Alpha Centauri, which is nearest to the earth after the sun, reaches the earth in.
- 4.2 seconds
- 42 seconds
- 42 years
- 4.2 years
- Answer is: 4.2 years
Q12. Railway tracks are banked on curves.
- Necessary centripetal force may be obtained from the horizontal component of the weight of the train
- The train may not fly off in the opposite direction
- To avoid frictional force between the tracks and wheels
- Necessary centrifugal force may be obtained from the horizontal component weight of the train
- Answer is: Necessary centrifugal force may be obtained from the horizontal component weight of the train
Q13. Of the four locations mentioned below the highest inside temperature will be attained in the pressure cooker operated with the pressure valve open
- At sea level
- At the top of Mt. Everest
- At a place in a valley below sea level
- In an aeroplane flying at a height of 10,000 m with inside pressure maintained at the sea level
- Answer is: At a place in a valley below sea level
Q14. Sound travels with a different speed in media. In what order does the velocity of sound increase in these media?
- Water, iron and air
- Iron, air and water
- Air, water and iron
- Iron, water and air
- Answer is: Air, water and iron
Q15. Sound travels at the fastest speed in
- Answer is: Steel
Q16. Oil raise up the wick in a lamp. The principle involves
- The diffusion of oil through the wick
- Capillary action phenomenon
- The liquid state of oil
- Volatility of oil
- Answer is: Capillary action phenomenon
Q17. Suitable impurities are added to a semiconductor depending on its use. This is done in order to
- Increase its life
- Enable it to withstand higher voltages
- Increase its electrical conductivity
- Increase its electrical resistivity
- Answer is: Increase its electrical conductivity
Q18. Moment of inertia is
- Answer is: tensor
Q19. On a rainy day, small oil films on water show brilliant colours. This is due to
- Answer is: Interference
Q20. Sound of frequency below 20 Hz is called
- Audio sounds
- Answer is: Infrasonic
Click here for more Questions and answer
You can play online quiz and test yourself how deep you stand in the water? For more questions answer visit on the link given above.